Monday, June 7, 2010

Giggles, Laughs, & Grins


I was sitting here tonight trying to figure out what to write about. At first I had planned on writing to update everyone on my Post-baby weight loss journey. However, I'd rather save that for when I have pictures to share with everyone. With that subject out the window for tonight I stopped & all the thoughts were about my son's handsome face. About his smiles & laughter. It may sound kind of corny but any mother understands what I'm talking about. It's not corny, it's simply amazing. What makes it even better is when it obviously makes the day of someone else. Prime Example:

Yesterday I decided that Seth & I needed to get out of the house. Where do we decide to go?!? The local Barnes & Noble of course. [l♥l] Well, I'm standing there checking out the photography magazines & not paying Seth much attention. Then, I hear him laughing his little laugh & kind of talking. Nothing new besides the fact that I'm thinking.. 'Who/What is he laughing at?' I look up & there is an elderly woman sitting a yard or so away from him.

Apparently they had been carrying on their little games for a little while as we had been standing there. Her & I talked briefly but then I returned to flipping through my magazine. Her & Seth carried on like no one else was even in the room. Laughing and playing. It simply melted my heart. The moment was wonderful, yet bittersweet, all at the same time.

See, it made me miss my grandmothers. I honestly don't believe we'd have Seth if my grandmothers hadn't passed & intervened. Still, though, I wish he could have met them. They would have loved him just as much as everyone else, if not more. Seeing the elderly lady at Barnes & Noble made me think of the moments they would have shared together. It made my day however bittersweet it was and hopefully it made her day as well.

& who know~ maybe Seth isn't really laughing & talking to himself all those times I've thought he was crazy while playing 'alone' in his crib.

No comments: