Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bubbie to Daddy... 'I Love You'

Today I decided to drag poor 'Bubbie' for yet another trip around the local Barnes & Noble. In all honesty I do feel sorry for the poor kid. He has a mommy who get bored WAY too easily & who can walk around a bookstore for endless hours and spend Nothing. Nada. Zilch. But anyways- I was sitting in the cafe area flipping through a magazine when my phone rang. It was 'Daddy' calling from Afghanistan.

My husband, the before mentioned 'Daddy' has been deployed since 'Bubbie' was 12 days old. Recently, in May, he was home for two weeks but 'Bubbie' hasn't heard his voice since. Since it had been so long, and in a desperate act to get my kid to be in a better mood, I put the phone up to his ear & prompted the husband to talk. 'Bubbie' looked at the phone, listened, grinned, & repeated the actions a few times. Right as I was taking the phone back my son proceeded to tell his Daddy that he loved him! Of course it wasn't 'clear as a bell' speech but it was as close as a 10 month old can get. His Daddy knew what he was saying, I heard it, & anyone else in their right mind would be able to have understood it.

I know the fact that Seth FINALLY said this to him, made his Daddy's day. It made mine... let's just ignore the fact that I am one of the ONLY people who haven't been privileged enough to hear those little sounds come from his mouth. lol... I'm not hating, just saying. lol. He'll say it to me... eventually. Right?! haha... but anyways-

It's late & 'Bubbie' gets up e.a.r.l.y regardless to what time I head to bed. So I must get going. Thank you all for reading.

G'night!!

1 comment:

Adriana said...

aww this is such a sweet post. i drag my beana round b&n too. i love it there. i ahve a little guy who is just turning 8 months this week.
im stopping by from sits. come check out my blog...
www.justbyliving.com