Sunday, September 19, 2010

Gall Bladder Be Gone

Good Sunday everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know what has been going on since I last posted...
It seems that every time I get plans in my head, something comes up. There was a list of things in my head that I had going to help expand my place in the blogosphere and to hopefully connect with new people. More people leading to more opportunities to get into PR & giveaways. Those ideas are still in my head but I have been set back some.

Friday morning I woke up in the worse pain EVER! (& that's even with giving birth to my son in mind) Here is how my day went.

3:30a- woke up with pain that I thought was just bad gas

5:00a- started throwing up, still thought it was really bad gas

5:30a until 9:00a- soaked in a warm bath 3x's, took a hot shower, laid with a heated towel on my belly... definitely not looking like gas anymore.

9:15a- got in touch with the DH at work (where he had apparently passed out during the morning run) & told him that he needed to come get me to take me to the ER.

9:45a- walked into the ER on post. freezing, shaking, hurting EXTREMELY bad, still getting sick every hour or so.

1:30p- FINALLY get back to the actual ER & get laid down

4:00p- Ultrasound done & large stone seen in my gallbladder.

7:30p- Yeap- I'm definitely going to have surgery done... in a couple hours.

9:30p- Go into surgery to have the pain taken out.

1:30a- Get back to my room from recovery & though I feel like crap from being put under, Ahhh...R.E.L.I.E.F... from no more Gall Bladder.


From that time on I pretty much just laid around in my room and started working on healing. They let me come home yesterday afternoon after dinner time. Now the DH is my stand in nurse. hehe. I have an incision in my bellybutton, 2 in my belly, & one where a drain tube was because my gallbladder was apparently pretty horrible. Other than that, I'm doing okay. Still sore. I'm convinced however, that most of the pain is from when I was put under and from laying around so much. Looks like I'll be doing this for at least another week or so.

Keep me in your thoughts please. & hey- at least it'll give me plenty of time to get back to that list to improve my blogging as I mentioned before.


Jessica

5 comments:

MySaggyButt said...

Gallbladders are such a nuisance! Take it easy and heal fast. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Night Owl Mama said...

Hello OUCH sorry to hear you had to go through that. HUGS> Surgery is no fun.

Stopping by from the sits I followed you on Network blogs and came by from one of your posts to follow you here. Please do the same for me

http://nightowlmama.blogspot.com

SEE you then :D

Gallbladder Diet said...

Wow. Great explanation of the timeline. If it's helpful, here's some information on your diet after gallbladder surgery. Hope this helps! http://www.gallbladderhelp.com

Michelle said...

Gallbladder problems are a total bummer! You're so fortunate to have had yours out right away. My husband a gallbladder disease, but because of other health issues his is inoperable (and like a rock). He's been living with constant pain from his gallbladder for a little more than a decade now, and he's only 36.

Happy healing. ;)

Peace,
Michelle at greenearthbazaar.com ;)

Unknown said...

Oh wow Michelle. Send my condolences to him because that is one heck of a pain to have to live with. Owie! Thanks for stopping by & commenting.